You have your canvas, brush, paint all you need to start your blog art. But do you know your everything has no value if you miss one thing only ! YES , YOUR VISITORS !
Your Users Are Primary Audience And Most Important, NOT Search Engines.
The goal of foundational Content and Design optimization isn’t a child action game to the search engines. The purpose of this is:
- Enjoyable and pleasing user experience .
- Communicate to the search engines in a way that they will recommend your blog for your contents .
There are 3 key factors that you can enhance on your WordPress blog that will help you to meet user experience and optimize it. The areas are –
Performance , Networking And Marketing
Performance will depends on 2 key factors – Content & Design.
Here are some concepts for the beginners up to actual methods you can use to increase your traffic while using Search Engines.
Content – The Idea
Optimize Meta tags
- Check your content is follow or no follow.
<meta name=”robots” content=”nofollow” />
<meta name=”robots” content=”follow” />
- Be sure you have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site and also optimized it that will match the content and meet the user expectations.
- Update the blog in a timely manner – try to schedule the post for an week.
- Use Semantic descriptions of all images by using Alternative text, or “alt text.
- When you will interlinking from your content whether the anchor target to tags pages or another content then you should be very careful that it will not disturbing, imposing and wrong. Otherwise it will hamper both user browsing experience in your blog or Search engines.
- Use LSI keywords within the content that will help the search engine for semantic indexing and also show you with the relevant topics and keywords.
- Use author profile and marking for every content because Google is showing results by ranking authors also
- Content length and word count should be as long as possible without hampering user experience.
- Connect every content with real world by social plugins and networking. This ability of your content will be maximize your and popular the content.
- Link to other real and credible blogs that will focus the related useful content.
- Improve your content call to action plan as unique and attractive as possible.
- Interviewing people and posting them on your blog is an excellent way to attract visitor it.
- Check the content from mobile platform after every post.
- If you mention any or image or video that is focusing or providing information of any industry then don’t forget to add disclosure about this.
Design – The Strategy
On creating a blog design that works
Important areas to focus on when creating a blog design
1. Ping – The first thing that you should do is add additional ping services to your WordPress blog. You must have administrative rights to your blog and be logged in to gain access the ping service option .
2. Usability – Specifically usability theories/rules that are specific to the area of blogs. Not all web design usability applies to blogs. There are also times when these theories can be amended. It can be tricky at times, but we are here to help you 🙂
One of the biggest criticisms given to Facebook is that it is ‘just for kids’. This is not the case and, although the medium was set up to enable college and university students to communicate and keep in touch, there is no easier, or cheaper way of communicating with large numbers of people and of getting peer-reviewed information.
In life we ask others for their opinions and we form our opinions based on what peers, friends, family and critics have to say. In a social networking site, this is just as easy to do and it is just as easy to shape the opinions of others .
Companies can now have a Facebook page and they can easily and quickly develop a groups of fans and keep these fans up-to-date with everything they are doing. Facebook pages can be edited and updated in a fraction of the time that it takes to edit a web page & businesses can provide links to their Facebook pages in the footers of emails or on their website.
The influence of the search engine is diminishing. We do not want to be served information based upon what the search engines think is right – more and more we are getting information from our peers & seeing what they think is trustworthy. More and more people visit business websites as a result of a discussion on social networking sites and so a presence there is paramount.
There is no easier way of keeping friends, family, colleagues and contacts up-to-date with what you are doing than with social networking. Companies that find a presence here will be rewarding for going out and engaging their customers, entering into a conversation with them in order to better their products and services.
MySpace – MySpace is perhaps the best known social networking site in the world. Everyone from at least one of your friends, to major film studios, use MySpace. Your Place. Your Space .
Bolt – When most people think of social networking sites, Bolt isn’t the first that comes to mind. You may have never even heard about it. Bolt allows members to upload photos and video, which you can share with your friends (kind of like YouTube).
hi5 – hi5 gets more and more popular by the day. With an estimated 50,000,000 members, you’re bound to find a friend amongst the bunch
Meetme – This is a favorite of mine. Meetme was created to keep high school friends in contact with each other. I like this site, because of its history. Today, the site has over 1.7 million members, and is used all around the world.
LinkedIn – LinkedIn is my favorite business social networking site. You most likely already know about it, if not, here’s what LinkedIn says:
“LinkedIn is an online network of more than 11 million experienced professionals from around the world, representing 150 industries.
When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional accomplishments. Your profile helps you find and be found by former colleagues, clients, and partners. You can add more connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you.
Your network consists of your connections, your connections’ connections, and the people they know, linking you to thousands of qualified professionals .”
Xing – Again, this is not so much a “social networking” site, as serving as an potential employee database.
Travel & Lifestyle
aSmallWorld – Heh. aSmallWorld is the social networking site for the “elite”. You need to be invited by a current member, including members like Ivanka Trump, Tiger Woods, and Paris Hilton. Don’t get me wrong. If you are a current member, I’d very much appreciate an invite.
Care2 – The social website for green living and activism.
DontStayIn – A European social networking site, with an emphasis on clubbing.
TravellersPoint – A great social networking site for world travelers.
Pinterest– Social networking site allowing you to share your favorite pictures.
Flickr – The most popular photo sharing, and social networking, site. Owned by Yahoo!, you can bet it’s reliable.
Finally, Here are some points that should be always remember in the way of your blogging road –
- Uniqueness,Trust, Authority, Relevance is your base.
- Inbound linking, keyword using, crawling efficiency and content performance is the field of mistakes.
- Modification and Editing, Connecting and Networking, Optimizing and Marketing – correcting this again and again and finally wait for great success.